At Hampton Hill Cricket Club we have three goals:
- To develop cricketing skills and respect for the game and fellow players
- To provide a safe and family-friendly environment in which all can enjoy the game of cricket
- To instill a love of cricket for life.
Hampton Hill Colts Cricket is a 3-way partnership between coaches, players and their families.
We coach the basic techniques and teach an understanding of the game. We encourage a spirit of competitiveness whilst maintaining respect for other players, on both sides, and ensuring that we enjoy the game – win or lose. We believe that cricket is a game for life and that the Colts section is the life-blood of any club. Therefore we support the transition to senior levels by introducing older colts to the senior sides – this develops their confidence and cricketing skills and provides them with the opportunity to continue their playing career.
Our coaches are all volunteers – trained and enthusiastic – but they are giving up their own time. We expect Colts players to respect them and their time by being equally enthusiastic and committed by arriving promptly and paying full and proper attention during coaching sessions and games.
Finally, we need the support of parents – to take your children to matches and support them and to endorse our code of conduct. As a club we have a duty of care for your children whilst they are at the club or games however we expect them to behave in sensible and responsible manner and we would ask you to ensure this is the case.
We also want you to join in the social life of the club. We offer a warm and friendly environment where you can relax, enjoy your children’s successes on the field and share a coffee and bacon sandwich with fellow cricketing parents and players.
2019 Lead Coaches:
U14s/U15s/U17s/U19s Rob Fullicks
U12s/13s : Dave Mackinney
U11s ~Joe Porter, Jit Sian
U10s – Ian Exworth, Rob Wilkinson
KWIKS – Ian Exworth
Head of Colts Cricket: Dave Mackinney
This year’s subs rates (including a playing shirt for all colts) are:
· An adult member of the family needs to be a member of the club (Playing/VP or Club)
· Club Membership will cost £50 and this is one per family
· KWIK / Soft Ball training: £35 per child
· Hard ball Training: £60 per child
· For families with siblings, the eldest child will pay the full amount; all subsequent siblings receive a 50% discount
Click here for results & fixtures
See below for the latest Colts cricket news: